Today, Legacy Family Tree Webinars celebrates its 10th anniversary of genealogy webinars. Join us as we kick off 10 days of festivities with free webinars, door prizes and more.
10 free webinars for 10 days
We're unlocking the top webinar from each year and making them free for 10 days. Visit www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/top10 to watch.
- 2010 - Mapping Software for Genealogists by Geoff Rasmussen
- 2011 - Organizing for Success by Karen Clifford
- 2012 - Ten Brick Wall Tips for Beginners by Marian Pierre-Louis
- 2013 - Digital Research Guidance, Research Logs and To Do Lists by Geoff Rasmussen
- 2014 - Sources and Citations Made Simple, Standard, and Powerful by Geoff Rasmussen
- 2015 - Genealogy 101, a 3-Session Course in Beginning Genealogy - Part 1 by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, AG
- 2016 - Foundations in DNA 1 of 5: Genealogy and DNA by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D
- 2017 - 50 Websites Every Genealogist Should Know by Gena Philibert-Ortega
- 2018 - Quality, Time and Completion: Developing a Research Plan (Part One) by J. Mark Lowe, CG FUGA
- 2019 - Case Studies in Gray: Identifying Shared Ancestries Through DNA and Genealogy by Nicka Smith
- 2020 - Organizing Your DNA Results (updated!) by Diahan Southard
Discounts for new webinar memberships
Of course there will be discounts available for our celebration. We thought we'd have some fun with it. The sooner you take advantage of it the more you save!
Today's meeting on Zoom Saturday, August 22, 2020. The Invitations were sent to our email list and posted on the Facebook page. Sorry that we missed a couple of you getting the Invitation.
It was agreed that the SIG should meet on the 4th Saturday of the month as that has the least conflicts with other genealogy events during the month. In that regard, our Next meeting will be on 26 SEP at 2:00 via Zoom. The agreed Topic will be the Media Workspace.
I think I figured out why the timing seemed short today. I had not enabled the Waiting Room on this meeting, in hopes it would be less of a distraction keeping track of who needed to join late. But it seems the meeting timer started as soon as the second person joined the meeting. If we use the Waiting Room, it does not start until the meeting coordinator joins, so we'll use the Waiting Room next month to maximize our time. The meeting will start as close to 2:00 o'clock as possible.
If any member has access to a paid Zoom account, that we might be able to use it would be greatly appreciated and eliminate the 40 minute restriction.
We at FamilySearch are excited to share an upcoming live social media series that will take place each Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during the quarantine. This series will be an opportunity for the family history community to connect virtually and interact while many are practicing social distancing or quarantining.
These announcements and links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Southern Genealogist's Exchange Society, Inc. (SGES) of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. SGES bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.